Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Way It Ought To Be

Evening y'all.

Today was one of those days off that make you look forward to the next one. It started off at 9:30 when I got up. Why 9:30? Cause that's when I damn well felt like gettin' up, that's why. I putzed around online a bit and watched Beerfest again. This time I watched the special features and deleted scenes, too. I won't say it's the funniest movie I've seen, but it gives Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle a run. It can't touch Office Space or Half Baked, though... but I digress. After that I did some stupid MySpace stuff and left about 1:00 to go check out the new Wal*Mart and the accompanying plaza.

The new Wally World reminds me of the one in Ocala on 200, near Oak Run. It's very nice, by Wal*Mart standards. I filled the fuel tank of the Malibu at the Murphy USA out front and then decided to go take some photos around town, in the daylight for a change. Seems I usually get the itch to take pics at night, so this was unique.

I started at the so-called Harbor of Hospitality on the downtown riverfront. The seagulls were somewhat cooperative and I got a few good shots of them and the river. Unfortunately there wasn't any boat traffic on the Pasquotank today.

After that I went back to the abandoned store on Halstead Boulevard that I had already photographed to get another shot of it with a sepia filter. I don't know what it is about that store, but I love to photograph it.

From there I moved on to some riverside neighborhoods past the Coast Guard station, to maybe get a few decent shots on the river, which I did. I posted a few of today's shots in the Interests section on my MySpace page.

Now if all of this seems incredibly boring and mundane to you, then good. That was the idea. It seems like all of my days anymore have me running late, or dealing with stress from one source or another. Today, however, was wonderful. I'm hoping tonight will be nice, too. I still haven't determined what I'm gonna do after I post this, but I'm sure I'll bore you with the details in a post to come later.

Until then...

No comments: